Saturday, December 6, 2008

To Get Or Not To Get?


If your like me and have loved the Balenciaga Day Bag since 2004 when it emerged on the fragile arms of one Kate Moss then you are too having a dilemma with this bag so randomly named "Layne" by forever21. The dilemma being that there's an issue of price vs authenticity.The price tag for the original if you are lucky enough to score because its extinction since 2005 is in the 1200's. The price tag for the forever21 version is merely $35.00. I most definitely will not shed about $1200 for a bag but I won't want to be walking around with an absurdly faux leather bag, which is a sad excuse for the original.On the other hand I do want to fulfill my desires of this bag. Another deciding factor is having a surge of girls walking around with the same bag, which comes with the territory for purchasing at forever21.Do I let it go or bite the bullet? I guess we will see.

4 comments:

Rose said...

The bag is pretty, but why not wait to get a one of a kind bag. It would feel more special and worth the wait. Anyway, I enjoying reading your blog :)

Tali said...

Yea i've been dreaming about the real one forever.One of a kind bags are definitely more individual and unique but if there was a designer bag that i would ever get, it would be this one.Thanks so much for checking out my blog!!!

shea said...

I think u should just get it.as other girls might have the same bag,but they wouldn't pull it off nicely with their outfits.unlike you! =)

Tali said...

Thanks so much, thats so sweet!!! I have actually decided against it though because i did get to check it out in person and it is actually a really bad faux so i'd rather just get a vintage bag. lol