Monday, March 2, 2009

Photobucket
It seems that Catherine Holstein knows Fall/Winter attire really well because even though her Spring/Summer collection really hit it big with the critics I wasn't too fond of it. Maybe it was the heavy head pieces she put on the models or the comparison to Super Mario Brothers, something just didn't click for me with that collection. This collection on the other hand is really be-witching. I absolutely love the dark elements and the combination of crushed velvet and chiffon. Aside from the Purple Pants, nothing in the collection is really innovative or fresh, even right down to the black lips. However it hits all the right trends without it being shoved down your throat, which is fresh in it's own right.

1 comment:

Em said...

I love all of these collections!! Alexander is my boy, I love his creations.

xoxo