Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Siren Festival

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I was looking through my camera yesterday and realized I never posted anything about Siren Festival. I was so stoked about it all summer but the line-up was kind of lackluster compared to last year's lineup and the year before that. My freinds and I got there just as RaRaRiot was coming on and their set was great. The lead singer and the rest of the orchestra(not really an orchestra but probably the biggest band I've seen in a while they have about 6-8 people on stage all playing an instrument) I couldn't really count I was too far away. My freind wasn't feeling too well and was dehydrating in the sun so we didn't stay past RaRaRiot's set which sucked because I wanted to stay for Broken Social Scene. It also sucks that Siren had to go in such a lackluster way too. I have no idea anymore what rumors are true but as far as I know that was the last Siren Festival in Coney Island. What a shame!!!
Have a listen to RaRa Riot if you haven't heard them yet(my fave is "each year").....
Ra Ra Riot

No comments: