Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Paiging Michael Alig and James St. James


This is Roisin Murphy.The Video is called "Overpowered".
I've heard this song before and have never seen the video. When I finally saw the video I was floored with the styling of it.I could see this coming down 6th Ave and 21st(see Limelight/a.k.a. Avalon) on any given night in 1995. I am most definately not a fan of New Rave style or anything Jeremy Scott related but as far as european music videos are concerned this definately won me over. The woman can dress. I mean anyone that has a slue of shoulderpads in their wardrobe and can make it work(and I don't mean the 9 to 5 kind) is astounding, in my opinion.
Onto the music; I am absolutely enamored with the lyrics to this song and the way it just rolls off the tongue, and the smoothness of it is just amazing.

No comments: