Saturday, February 23, 2008

The Last Bow for Isaac Mizrahi

As it has been rumored,I read on a fashion blog that Isaac Mizrahi for Target is leaving the discount giant. In his last collection he busted out the big guns. He created a line that is exquisite to what he has been doing with Target all these years.Everything is moderately priced(but a little pricey for the non-fashionista set)and is delicious in '50's inspired silhouettes.Only one word comes to mind when I see this and I quote Michael Kors in Project Runway, "theres just something so SWANEE' about it".





Of course, I would purchase everything and edit it. I would shorten the hem lines for all of these to make them modern and young. Theres a dress for every occasion, day, night and special event. I already have a dress by the designer for Target that has a similar silhouette that I purchased at a thrift store.I shortened it and now it looks like a black cupcake.Probably one of my favorite dresses purchased while thrifting.(I will post pictures of it soon)
On a side note: I can't help but think that because Target has been pulling out hot young designers to attract a cool, hip crowd, they have been taking Isaac for granted and in my opinion Isaac Mizrahi was like "honey, I'm Isaac Mizrahi I don't need this, I could be focusing on my couture, or my t.v. show, I'm leaving".If that is the case, I don't blame him. Because after all he was the one that started it all.

No comments: