Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Carmen Marc Valvo S/S 09

I know this is really delayed but I haven't found a chance to actually sit down and blog for quite a while.A little over a week ago I attended the Carmen Marc Valvo show. It was the biggest rush finally walking into Mecca(also knows as THE TENTS).My whole life I've always said if I don't make it to one fashion week show in my whole life then I have not accomplished anything. And I finally got to go. It is truly the most amazing thing to be there and to witness in person the magic that truly exists in those tents.About 30 to 35 looks took all of 15 minutes but they were the most glorious 15 minutes ever. As my friend and I took our spot in the tent it literally took about 2 minutes for the lights to go out and the main runway lights to come on. The music started with a cool party beat and out with the first look. Over the last couple of seasons CMV has been creating looks that are very structured, tailored and have more of a glamorous look but not very youthful. This season was all about change for him. The gowns paired with little shrunken jackets, a nylon transparent raincoat with patches of patent silver squares, and a bit of swinging 60's inspiration. The whole collection seemed like it was veering to a new client. Someone a bit younger and a bit funkier.My favorite wasn't a garment actually. It was a black patent square patch backpack. Overall it was an amazing show. After my friend and I left the tent there was a reporter who had asked me to do an interview for this website called shoezoo.com or shoozoo.com I'm not sure what the website is and it goes without saying that i haven't been able to find the website either. If anyone knows anything about this website please let me know. I would love to see if it made the cut.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
I had asked my friend to take a photo of me in the tent to document this momentus occasion but, alas, she cut my shoes off making me look so stumpy. Anyway, behind me was the main garden/fountain(after all, were in a park) But this garden wasn't your average garden, it was a shoe garden of all red crystallized shoes.
Photobucket

No comments: