Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Girl and the Sea

Photobucket
On Saturday in Coney Island the annual Mermaid Parade took place. Its always this crazy, insane, indescribable event, that always leaves you with your mouth hanging open. Its a whirlwind and you can never fully get to see everything there is to see when your there. First off the participants in the parade are all dressed to the nines in their mermaid costumes, then some parade attendees always follow suit and get dressed up as well. Lets just say theres a lot of skin to go around. Every one from all boroughs flock to the seaside to witness this debacle. Let's hope it's not the last one either. As I got there, my friend and I were bombarded with an insane amount of people.This really got me psyched for Siren Festival in a couple of weeks!!! Can't Wait!!!
Dress: Cream Boho Tunic Dress(Thrifted, by way of Forever21)
Sandals: Brown Suede Fringe Sandals(Forever21)
Belt: Brown Woven Belt(H&M)
Hat: Straw White/Brown Fedora
Sunglasses: Ray Bans Aviators

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
These buses were probably used as floats for the parade. They were so psychedelic and trippy and totally reminded me of Further and the Merry Pranksters.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
This is my friend posing with her super cute, adorable, city cruiser. I'm so jealous!!!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
These are shots I took of the famed Coney Island. I thought it would be cute if I made it look the way it used to look in photos from the early 1900's, when the park opened up its doors.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

The perfect outfit once again, cute fringe sandals. And I've never been to Coney Island.

Tali said...

thanks so much!!!If you ever make it out here, you should definitely come to coney island. you can't miss it!!!
I hope my documenting did it justice!!

meowi said...

wow it looks like you had sooo much fun, love the outfit and the pics{